26 May 2020
So far, perhaps the kindest thing we can say about 2020 is that it has been... well, interesting. Between the COVID-19 pandemic, the resulting shutdown of virtually every facet of our economy and the currently ongoing re-opening, we've seen a level of uncertainty that most of us cannot remember in our lifetimes. While our area didn't experience the worst of the virus itself, we were essentially at a standstill for nearly two months. Fortunately, we were able to keep ourselves busy, and one of the many fruits of that labor is our new and improved website.
Normally, we'd include a link for you to see for yourself, but if you're reading this, you're already here! The look and feel of the site is certainly different, but where we think it really shines is in the functionality. A few highlights include:
- The new search results page contains a live map that will show you the precise location of every property that matches your search criteria; this makes it a breeze to find properties close together if you need more than one!
- Property photos are bigger and sharper than ever, and we've added more views, too.
- You can now search for and book rentals of as few as three nights (on selected properties) in the off-season and even at the last minute in the summer!
- Search results can be filtered by the jurisdiction in which the property is located, so you can pick the area that best suits your needs. For example, Surfside Beach doesn't allow smoking on the beach, while Horry County doesn't allow beach tents; now, you can filter out the areas that don't work for your family.
- Our new Real Estate Sales site is more robust than ever, and its intuitive, customizable and user-friendly search engine has been likened to the Google of the MLS. If you're looking for a place to call your own, you'll find help from your first look all the way through closing.
One of our favorite features of the new site, however, is its ability to grow over time. Much like social media, we can always keep you up-to-date on the latest happenings, trends and news from the beach. Take a look around and let us know what you think, and we can't wait to see you at the beach!