Dunes Realty Rental Policies on Myrtle Beach Area Vacation Rentals
Reservations run from Saturday to Saturday. Deviations can sometimes be made on a last minute basis and are subject to availability. Discounts may be available for a multiple week stay in the same property.
All nightly rentals are subject to availability, and a minimum stay is required. Call us for restrictions and availability.
Monthly rates apply from October 1st and run until Easter or April 1st, whichever comes first. A one month minimum is required, and reservations begin on the first of each month.
We offer our current guests the opportunity to re-book the same property for the same week in the following year until noon on the day of their departure.. Tentative deposits are $50 for condominiums and $100 for houses, and are non-refundable and non-transferable unless the property becomes unavailable. All tentative reservations are accepted with the understanding that the rate is subject to change and that the property owner has the first choice of any week. All tentative reservations must be confirmed with a full deposit by January 15 of the following year.
Check-in time is 4:00 PM, but your property may be ready early depending on our housekeeping schedule. Please register and pick up keys at the Dunes Realty office, located at 128 Atlantic Avenue, Garden City Beach, SC. (You may need to use Murrells Inlet as the city on your GPS.) We are open until 8:00 PM in-season, and late arrival instructions will be posted on the door of our office.back to top
Check-out time is 10:00 AM, and it is unlikely that we can offer a late checkout due to the need to prepare your property for the next guest. Please return your keys to our office after preparing the unit for departure and closing and locking all doors and windows. Should you leave prior to 9:00 AM, you may drop your keys through the slot in our door.back to top
Weekly reservations require advance deposit of half the basic rental amount within ten days from date the reservation is made. Final payment including taxes, administrative fee and any additional items is requested 30 days prior to arrival. Personal checks accepted if received 30 days prior to arrival. Payments after 30 days may be applied to Visa, Discover, or Master Card. Canadian payments must be in U.S. funds.back to top
A $20.00 service charge applies.back to top
All reservations will be charged an Administrative Fee which includes our Accidental Damage Waiver. It will be automatically added to each reservation at booking. It is not refunded or applied to future rentals.
The damage waiver is limited to a maximum coverage of $1,000 per stay. All guests staying in the property (not to exceed maximum occupancy) will be covered by this waiver and will not be obligated to pay for accidental loss or damage to the rental unit or its contents.
The Accidental Damage Waiver does not include:
- Intentional Acts, gross negligence or willful conduct.
- Evidence of and/or damage caused by pets.
- Damage done by unauthorized groups.
- Loss of use.
- Loss or damage to guest's personal property or rental equipment brought onto the premises.
- Normal wear & tear.
- Damage to electric vehicles (golf carts).
- Any damage caused by a violation of Dunes Rental Rules & Regulations or in an action that violates local, state or federal laws.
- Acts of God
The Staff of Dunes Realty will determine all necessary repairs. Report all damages to Dunes Realty by the day of check-out. Dunes Realty and its property owners are not responsible for the damage, loss or theft of personal property, including but not limited to automobiles, motorcycles, recreational vehicles, personal items and cash.back to top
Once confirmed, reservations are not transferable to another property. Should you cancel a confirmed reservation, you will forfeit your deposit which is equal to one-half of your base rental rate unless the property can be re-rented. All other prepaid monies will be refunded. Should the property be re-rented, all prepaid monies will be refunded. Note: If paid, the CSA Trip Insurance is not refundable.back to top
You have the option of protecting your vacation investment through the purchase of trip insurance. Although this insurance is optional, it is recommended. It provides protection should you be forced to cancel, interrupt or delay your trip due to evacuation, serious illness or death of a family member.
Trip insurance is provided through CSA Travel Protection. You will be mailed the Description of Coverage brochure. For more details on this valuable option, please click "Why Buy", call CSA at 866-999-4018 - plan code G-330CSA or call our office at 800-845-8191.
Please note that once purchased - after the 10-Day "Free Look" - this becomes a Non Refundable fee.
For more information, visit CSA online at www.csainsuranceservices.com/blasts/pdf/G-330CSAWhyBuyFlyer.pdf or call 1-866-999-4018.
CSA Trip Insurance is not available to residents of Quebec. Benefits and services are described on a general basis. Certain terms and conditions may apply. For complete information on policy benefits, limitations and exclusions, please contact CSA at (866) 999-4018back to top
Capacity of Accommodations
Properties are restricted to the number of persons stated regardless of available bedding, with exceptions made only for infants. Misrepresentation may result in eviction without refund. Campers or recreational vehicles (RVs) are permitted for transportation only, and may not be “hooked up” to the property’s utilities or parked in any municipal right-of-way. Some condominium complexes may prohibit RVs entirely.back to top
NO house parties. Dunes Realty's property owners accept families only.
NO Groups. (Fraternity, Sorority, student, and singles) Misrepresentation will result in eviction without refund.
NO grilling on decks or porches.
NO fireworks on any of the premises.
NO moving of furniture.
NO phone calls charged to unit phone.
NO washing automobiles at unit.
NO motor home or camper hook up.
While most of our properties adhere to a strict "No Pets" policy, a select number of our homes welcome dogs and are advertised as "Dog Friendly." However, for your own comfort and for the comfort and safety of our homeowners and other guests, there are certain restrictions that must apply.
- Dog friendly properties accept dogs weighing under 35 pounds and at least one (1) year old, with a maximum of two (2) dogs per property. "Visiting" pets are not allowed.
- A $200 non-refundable “Fido Fee” ($300 for two dogs) will be added to each reservation in a dog-friendly property.
- This fee includes the additional services necessary to ensure the comfort of our guests, and will even cover housetraining "accidents" provided they are reported to us as soon as possible.
- This fee does not cover damage to the property or grounds resulting from a dog, including but not limited to chewing, scratching, digging and unreported housetraining accidents.
- Guests will be required to sign a waiver indicating that they understand and assume responsibility for any such damage, and a credit card must be kept on file to cover any such expenses. Damage attributed to a dog is not covered under our regular Damage Waiver.
- Failure to follow these regulations will result in eviction without refund, as will the presence of a dog in any home not designated as Dog Friendly.
- All local laws and regulations must be followed, and may vary depending on the location of your property. A partial list of those regulations most pertinent to our properties is as follows:
- All pets must be leashed at all times in all jurisdictions.
- Pet waste must be collected and properly disposed in all jurisdictions.
- In Surfside Beach, dogs are not permitted on the public beach during the period between May 15 and September 15.
- In Garden City Beach (Horry County,) dogs are not allowed on the beach between 10:00 AM and 5:00 PM from May 1 through Labor Day.
- In Garden City Beach (Georgetown County,) dogs must be leashed between 9:00 AM and 7:00 PM. Dogs that are not leashed during other hours must be under voice control and owners must be able to demonstrate voice control to a law enforcement officer if asked.
- Guests with dogs are asked to please respect the comfort and safety of other guests, both during and after your stay. For this reason, we ask that you please follow these guidelines during your time with us.
- Please clean up after your dog, both in public areas and in the yard of your rental property.
- Please do not allow your dog to bark excessively or to roam onto neighboring properties. Many of our homes are located near residential neighborhoods, and we must respect the comfort and privacy of those residents.
- Please do not allow dogs on furniture or beds unless covered by a sheet or blanket that you provide. It is also helpful to bring something (bed, blanket, etc.) on which you know your dog will be comfortable sleeping.
- Please groom your dog, particularly if it is a breed prone to shedding. Pet hair can be difficult to remove, and the next renter in your property may not have a dog.
- Please don't leave your dog unattended for long periods of time. A crate is ideal for those situations in which you must leave.
- Please do your best to clean and dry your dog after a walk; this will help us ensure a speedy check-in for all our guests.
- Please do not allow dogs in swimming pools or hot tubs.
- Please ensure that your dog's medications and immunizations are up-to-date, especially flea treatment.
Some properties are designated as non smoking. We cannot guarantee that the property will be smoke free; however, we will make every effort to respect this request.back to top
The Town of Surfside Beach has enacted a Public Smoking Ban within the town limits. The ban prohibits smoking in buildings used by the public, 30 feet from those buildings' entrances, on beaches, beach walkovers and in recreation facilities and parks. The ordinance does not affect properties, businesses and beaches located in Garden City Beach, Myrtle Beach or unincorporated areas of Horry or Georgetown Counties.back to top
Parking and other complex amenities are controlled by individual Home Owner Associations at condominiums and some housing communities. Parking permits are issued based on allocated space determined by individual condominium associations. Dunes Realty is not responsible for parking rules, towing or parking tickets, nor the upkeep or maintenance of amenities such as elevators, pools or common areas managed by an association. In most cases, golf carts (electric and otherwise,) are NOT PERMITTED at condominium complexes. Should you have problems, please call us and we will contact the appropriate property management company. Beach home parking is restricted by the physical limitations of the property.back to top
Properties are equipped with pillows, bedspreads, mattress pads and some blankets. In addition, our Beach Bundle complete linen package is included on all reservations, but is optional and may be declined should you elect to bring your own linens. Alternatively, bed and bath linens may be rented individually, and our Linen Rental page has more information. Damaged, lost or stolen items are the responsibility of the renter. Changes or cancellations require a 48-hour notice, and we ask that you place your order at least three weeks prior to your arrival to ensure proper delivery.back to top
Departure maid service is included in your rental rate. Each property is equipped with a vacuum cleaner, broom and mop, although additional cleaning products are not provided. We ask that you help prepare your property for departure by emptying all interior trashcans, emptying the refrigerator and starting the dishwasher.back to top
The rental properties are privately owned and are decorated and equipped to satisfy the particular tastes and desires of the individual owner. Conditions and furnishings vary according to age and care given by the owner. Do not rearrange furniture or remove any items from the property.back to top
Please ask our reservationist for assistance if you require special facilities.back to top
Some owners have private storage. These areas are absolutely not included in the rental, NO TAMPERING!back to top
Tourism is the largest industry in the Garden City Beach and Surfside Beach area; new houses are always being built. We can not predict the location of all construction activity in the area and may not be able to inform you at the time you make your reservation whether or not your accommodations are near a construction site. Should you find yourself near construction, please exercise patience and understanding. In the event it becomes intolerable, we'll do our best to talk to the contractors, but no refunds or moves will be made.back to top
We cannot guarantee air conditioning or appliances. There are NO REFUNDS should they fail. We strive to keep them in good working condition and will do everything possible to repair any malfunction within a reasonable time frame.back to top
Dunes Realty, or its agents, may enter the premises for the purpose of completing necessary maintenance or for other necessary purposes. Oftentimes it is impossible to notify you in advance of this work. Occasionally, a vacation rental property is for sale and may be shown during your stay with us. Viewings are arranged in advance by our sales staff.back to top
We offer our guests the use of copier, fax and wireless internet services free of charge in our main office. We’re also happy to provide you with a “local’s recommendation” on almost anything you and your family would like to do during your stay; just call or stop by at any time.back to top
Neither Dunes Realty nor its homeowners are responsible for any items rented through an outside agency. Rental items belong to the rental company and should be treated with care. If rental item(s) are lost or damaged, you will be responsible for repair or replacement cost. The Accidental Damage Waiver does not cover rental items. Rental items generally are delivered and picked up from properties.back to top
Dunes Realty is not responsible for personal items left behind. Items not claimed after 30 days will be donated to a local charity. Any items requiring shipping will be given to a local mailing service for COD return.back to top
Mail sent to guests must be sent C/O Dunes Realty. Include the guest's name, property name and/or unit number. If someone is trying to reach a guest by phone, we will simply supply that person with the property phone number.back to top
Should you arrive at our office after 8:00 PM, arrangements will be made for you to pick up your keys. Please call us for details, or you will find instructions posted on our office door.back to top
All town and community ordinances must be observed, and may vary by location. A complete (and updated) listing of these ordinances can be found by clicking on the following link. State and Local Laws
If your property isn't located on the oceanfront, please remember to respect private property and to only use the beach accesses provided.back to top
Electric vehicles (golf carts) are subject to all laws and ordinances applicable to operations of a motor vehicle on public roads, including that all operators must possess a valid driver's license. Traffic laws and ordinances are enforced by local authorities. Guests shall comply with all applicable laws and ordinances, shall be liable for any damage or injury they or their invitees cause while operating an electric vehicle, and shall hold Dunes Realty free and harmless from liability for such damage or injuries. Damage to electric vehicles is not covered by the Accidental Damage Waiver.back to top
Houses advertised with heated pools will be heated during the following time periods: March 1st - May 30th and September 1st - November 1st of each year. Please note that pool heaters will not operate if the air temperature surrounding the heat pump drops below 55 degrees Fahrenheit.back to top
Some of our properties offer wireless internet (WiFi) connectivity. Please note that this service is provided as a no-charge amenity by either the individual homeowner or the property's Homeowner's Association (in the case of some condominiums.) While we will make every effort to ensure that this service is operational during your stay, problems can arise that are beyond our control or that of the homeowner. For this reason, no refunds can be given in the event these services become unavailable during your stay. Complimentary access to wireless internet, computers and fax service are available to our guests in our main office during regular business hours.back to top
Although every effort has been made for accuracy, Dunes Realty is not responsible for errors in the brochure or on the website. Descriptions and rates are subject to correction or change without notice.